amazing, amazing popper recipe, American recipes, american snacks, baked jalapeno poppers, baked not fried, cayenne pepper, cream cheese, deep frier, delcious, dinner, food, footy snacks, fried food, how to make jalapeno poppers, jalapeno popper recipe, Jalapeno poppers, tsp garlic powder, vegetarian
If you’re like me, jalapeno poppers are the holy grail of any dirty American diner experience. Also if you’re like me, you probably want to eat these as often as you can. These go perfect as a side, or as a snack while watching football, or any other sport for that matter, and to top it off, they’re pretty simple to make.
These ones are baked, not fried. However for that real USA taste, just make them the same and pop them into a deep frier until golden brown.
You will need (makes 18 poppers):
- 9 Jalapenos
- Breadcrumbs – either bought or made
- 1 tsp Chili powder (or cayenne pepper)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 200g Cream cheese
- 100g or so strong cheddar
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of white flour
3. Break the eggs into a bowl, mix and set to one side.
4. pour the flour onto a plate, once again, set to one side.
5. To make the cream cheese filling. Add the cream cheese, milk and regular cheese to a bowl. Mix to combine. Feel free to add some chili powder or cayenne pepper for that extra kick.6. Slice the jalapenos lengthwise, then de-seed them. You want them as empty as possible so they can be stuffed with the lovely cheese mix.7. Use a spoon to fill the peppers. Go on, stuff them to the brim.
8. Dip the filled peppers into the flour, followed by the egg mix and finally coat thoroughly with the breadcrumbs. Place the popper onto a baking sheet. And repeat.9. Pop the tray into the oven. They should take about 25 mins. Check after 20 for safety though.10. Remove them once they are golden brown and starting to leak cheese.
I love these and feel they should be at every gathering. What is your secret deep fried shame?